View Single Post
Old 04-30-2010, 11:23 AM
Not riding the train

Re: Holiness Swim Wear

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissBrattified View Post
Personally, I find it ironic and contradictory for liberals to demand personal liberty, but mock conservative people the liberty to practice their beliefs. It's done in a way that would seek to deny them the liberty to practice their convictions. At least, deny them the opportunity to do it without being ostracized, mocked, insulted or disrespected.
Thank you!

I was once telling HO that forcing pants on us was the same as forcing dresses/skirts on others. She agreed that both are wrong and I agreed that she was right on her assessment! (lol) "Forcing" may be too large or expressive of a word, but it comes across that way at times, IMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissBrattified View Post
Really, this thread rubbed me the wrong way yesterday. I probably took it more seriously than I should have. However, my stance is still the same: Let people wear whatever they like, and don't be overly bothered when people do strange things. More importantly, don't infer their motives for them. Most people are just trying to live their lives and have fun with their families within the boundaries they've set or have been given.

Don't beat them up over it, even if they do end up looking a little weird.

Last edited by Pressing-On; 04-30-2010 at 11:25 AM.