View Single Post
Old 10-02-2007, 06:19 PM
Pride of the Neighborhood

Has TV/Video Ministry Ever Produced Anything Positive In Your Life?

My best friend made his first move to God watching a Jimmy Swaggart crusade several weeks before he was witnessed to and invited to church. He was high on pot and watching tv when he came a cross a JS crusade. As the camera scanned the crowd he saw people with hands raised and tears streaming down their cheeks. He said out loud, "Those people haven't a care in the world. I wish I could be like them."

Two weeks later the brother of his best friend who happened to be a new convert witnessed to him and invited him to church. He got the Holy Ghost at that service.

My sister was in the hospital with a body full of infection due to a burst appendix. The doctors said she could go either way. A local UPC church was televising its services on cable access and my mother and sisters were in the hospital room watching the choir sing "If God Be For Me". The HG moved into the room and my family began praying and speaking in tongues. My mother said from that moment my sister started doing better.

Any other testimonials?

‎When a newspaper posed the question, "What's Wrong with the World?" G. K. Chesterton reputedly wrote a brief letter in response: "Dear Sirs: I am. Sincerely Yours, G. K. Chesterton." That is the attitude of someone who has grasped the message of Jesus.