View Single Post
Old 04-15-2018, 07:51 AM
Administrator

Re: A Glorious Church?

Quote:
Originally Posted by votivesoul View Post
Spot on, my older brother!

I worked four years third shift as a Night Auditor at a resort. It was a miserable job but I stayed because it was the only one I could get after I graduated college right when the recession hit hardest and the economy tanked. So I held it and held it, and prayed and prayed for God to release me and allow me to find different work. No amount of applications or resumes made a dent in my situation.

Then, that last year, an intern named Yanyu from China who was getting her Master's Degree in Accounting from Purdue University was hired on and I was given the task of training her to learn the audit as the first process of how resort accounting operations worked. The short version:

I taught her as much as I could about being born again while working together. Invited her to church (the one I've been describing in this thread) and she came several times.

I introduced her to a couple from the church and she became friends with them. The husband's mom had been in some form a missionary to China, working as an English teacher, connected to a woman named Jenny Miller, a somewhat well-known pioneering Apostolic missionary to China. Well, the mom had a friend from China staying with her here in the States, and while visiting with them one night, my co-worker received the Holy Spirit.

We were already gone from that church by then, but I was contacted by the couple, who wanted me to know and who thanked me for all I had done to help win Yanyu to the Lord. Turns out, Yanyu had a video of her baptism, which had happened with a Chinese campus ministry back at Purdue, and the friend from China watched it and interpreted it and said Yanyu had been baptized in the name of Jesus.

Two weeks or so later, Yanyu was back to China. I had been begging God for a new job but He had other plans. When she came to the resort and started as a Night Auditor instead of in the Accounting Department like she had been promised, she became very crest-fallen and depressed and felt like God had somehow let her down and she just couldn't see why God had brought her to WI, to the resort to the Night Audit team. She had to stay in a cr@ppy dorm, couldn't get any sleep during the day because of remodeling construction, etc. But once the opportunity to witness to her and evangelize her became available, I finally realized why God parked me for four years at a dead end, soul-sucking job and wouldn't let me move on.
As for the three years at the church, a lot of that time was me searching my own soul for indications of carnality. I constantly felt the need to check myself and make sure what I was seeing in the Bible was really there, and not a deception, or illusion.

Another part of it was because it was where God saved me. It's where every member in my family the Lord used me to win came to be saved. At the time, some family had moved on to other assemblies, but my brother was still there, and he and I were super-close. My best friend who won me to the Lord was there, his brother, my good friend, had become the pastor. Their mom, was a member, and she was like a second mom to me. I had known this family and been incredibly close to them for 25 years at that point, since we were little kids. Through thick and thin, side by side through all the spiritual trenches, as it were.

So, in a way, I was too close to say something earlier. But I also understood God's timing, and how He has a plan and rushing ahead of His plan was to get in His way, a big no-no. So, until I knew 100% the time was right, I zipped my lip, until I knew He wanted me to speak.

http://votivesoul.wordpress.com/