View Single Post
Old 06-11-2007, 07:50 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdie View Post
Just want to have my say on this topic. I'm not into all the political debting etc but have heard from excellent sources, a lot of the old timers, that they would love Canada to be independant of the U.S.A. because they were hood-winked by them in the beginning when they joined up with them. When "the message" came to Canada it was not one of such strictness and they weren't looking for all the standards that came with signing up with the U.S.A. The old timers say they just wanted to see people accept Jesus as Lord and Savior and then as they matured in the Lord, get baptized and filled with the Spirit. They believed that the repentant man/woman had to understand salvation and then grow in the Lord. (Be baptized and filled with the Spirit). Too many rules and regulations for the old timers and they say all this "foolishness" of standards has done more harm than good. Now don't get me wrong. They believe in holiness unto God but all this man-made stuff is for the birds. No pun intended.
Welcome aboard Birdie.

It's always great to have another Canadian show up.

Having said that, I pretty much disagree with your whole post.