View Single Post
Old 06-10-2011, 10:11 PM
Registered Member

Re: Apostolic Study Bible

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falla39 View Post
What is the sign that a new baby is alive. The initial sign? A certain sound.
A cry from it's innermost being. There will be other signs as the child in fed,
nurtured and cared for. There will be signs of growth, just as a tree grows.
In the fulness of time when that child/tree becomes fully mature, it will bear
fruit. You will know it by what it produces/reproduces. The fruit doesn't fall
far from the tree. There may be hinderances in the child's/tree's growth, but
you will know them by their fruit. Good fruit comes from a good tree. If a child
is "trained up in the way it SHOULD go, by the parents, and when it becomes
an adult, and becomes born again, it should be like the mature, godly parents
that produced it. There will be stages of growth, and just as there are stages
of natural growth, there will be stages of spiritual growth.

My thoughts anyway.

Falla39
we could explain that away or we could look at what the word says. first I must have a bible verse that speaking in tounges is the initial evidence. I need a verse that specifically states this. Cause were talking doctrinal foundation.

secondly not only did some speak in tounges but some prophesied, do we all now have to prophesy?

Jesus also said in Mark 16:17
And these signs will accompany those who believe: In my name they will drive out demons; they will speak in new tongues
they will pick up snakes with their hands; and when they drink deadly poison, it will not hurt them at all; they will place their hands on sick people, and they will get well

we just cant go on (makes since to me) we need scriptural proof that the only evidence of the holy spirit is tounges.

Do i agree it is a evidence yes is it the only one No.
Paul Himself stated do all speak with tounges asking a rhetoric question meaning NO.

So since we do not have specific verses stating this we cannot go on the baby makes a sound when it cries. what i can agree with you on is the fruit.

Regardless if they spoke in tounges or not, a good tree will produce fruit for the Lord, and that is exactly how Jesus said you will know them. Not by the sound of a baby cry