View Single Post
Old 10-16-2021, 10:52 PM
Registered Member

Re: The Workings of God Through Humanity.

I love to hear about the awesome power of God!!
Revelation 12:11
"And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony;"
(Forgive me for how long this is...) I received a very interesting phone call from grandmother about a year ago. She was so excited and elated to tell me what God had done for her in service that night! A few months prior, she had been diagnosed with breast cancer and had started on chemo! Feeling weak and sick, she makes her way to church, on her own. There happened to be a young evangelist visiting with them that week, finishes preaching on faith and has a routine altar-call. According to her, nothing extraordinary and unusual was happening, just a simple altar-call. This young evangelist walks right up to my grandmother, "pig-ignorant", doesn't know night nor day about her situation, lays his hand on her head, prays a simple prayer and declares her healed in Jesus Name! My grandmother recalled how she felt right after, how she felt the power of God touch her in such a unique way that she was convinced that God had healed her of breast cancer! She was so convinced that she turned to another sister next to her, exclaiming that God had healed her and was wondering if she had told the evangelist or the pastor about her situation, to which she denied and was confirmed by the evangelist himself. My grandmother told me that she couldn't wait to see the reaction from her doctor when she went in for testing the following week! I've never heard her so happy! Her excitement was so infectious, I was feeling encouraged and lifted up and told her I was looking forward to hearing the results as well. Fast-forward a week later, her phone call was completely different. Feeling distraught, confused and dismayed she asked, "What's going on?" I paused waiting for an explanation. She continued, "I don't understand what God's doing with me! I was sure He had healed me last week, but my doctor came back with bad results! What does this all mean?" Feeling helpless, I told her, "let's pray again, against those bad results and ask for His wisdom for what He's trying to show us!" After much sobbing, boohooing and talking in tongues, I felt a word from the Lord! He told me tell her that He has healed her, but not how she thinks it was done! The Lord continued to impress me, telling me that he had healed her from the FEAR, ANXIETY and DEPRESSION that was causing her to worry about her cancer. He moved on me some more and said, "I could take away the cancer, but the cancer was just a symptom and not the source! I need to heal the broken-heart(mind) in this situation more than her body! If I can heal her mind and spirit first and restore joy and peace, it won't matter what trial she goes through, because I've healed the real problem! I relayed what the Holy Ghost moved on me to say to her and she began to weep uncontrollably, but this time I didn't feel the discouragement, depression and anxiety!! I felt only peace flow in like a waterfall and surround us on the phone! Two weeks go by, and she has another test done and this time the cancer was gone!! Praise be to God!