View Single Post
Old 05-24-2010, 12:16 PM
Banned

Re: Holiness Swim Wear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILG View Post
I think women should be taught not to disrobe more than they are comfortable with. When I was growing up, I wore a bikini to the beach every day and in the spring, my girlfriends and I always felt naked and oogled until everyone got used to it for the year. There seems to be a problem in our culture there. We wore what was sold as "right" for us to wear. Changing that societal trend would be incredibly difficult at this late date.
It's just a subjective matter of personal comfort?

Good point about societal trend. But there must be some discretion about bathing suits -- which are overboard and which aren't. Do believers on here, that wear bathing suits, sport thong bikinis? What are you personal guidelines there?

What about the comfort/discomfort of others? Beaches are hijacked by practically nude people. Others would say "don't go to the beach" -- but that doesn't seem fair. Everyone should be able to enjoy the beach. Should we expand nude beaches, and then have more conservatively-dressed beaches as well? But I'm not sure what "conservatively dressed" beaches would even look like. Surely not the image that started this thread.