View Single Post
Old 05-27-2020, 04:49 AM
Registered Member

Re: Modern music in churches today

Quote:
Originally Posted by james34 View Post
Something in the music has changed over the years. I remember when christian music wasnt popular in secular businesses. Now it is common to hear it played in convenient stores, dollar general etc. What changed? The lines that used to separate christianity from sin have become so blurred that people are not able to discern the body of Christ. Things that shouldnt be are counted as in the body. I remember a time when sinners didnt listen to gospel music. I always thought it very telling when the interest of sinners and saints are the same, and im not talking about repentant sinners.
Well 2 things could be in play.

More business owners are Christians? Therefore they play it in their stores as a witness to the customers and they know the believers would rather hear it. After all you very rarely see Christians witnessing to the public. It it were not for Christian music most sinners would never hear anything about God or Jesus.

Secular music has gotten so bad both musically and in lyrics that sinners are looking for something that sounds better?

Personally I never hear Hillsong/Charismatic music playing in a business. If at all it is K LOVE style.