View Single Post
Old 05-24-2012, 09:52 AM
All Because Jesus...

Re: Looking for info about Mark Hanby or Verbal Be

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam View Post
I have heard Mark Hanby preach. I have also heard his Dad preach. Both were men of God with an anointing but Mark surpassed his father in preaching skills. Mark was a bright and shining star in the UPC for a while but some thing happened (I really don't know what) and he wound up having a divorce (maybe 2 divorces) and just kinda disappeared from the scene. As far as I know he is still alive somewhere and ministering.

I never heard Verbal Bean in person. Back in 1956/57 when I was in Bible School in St. Paul, MN one of the kids from Louisiana talked some about him and his ministry --how he was a man of prayer and a very effective preacher. As far as I know he has three books available: Prayer; The Works of the Holy Ghost; and The Battlefield. I have read all three (actually read the one on Prayer twice) and would recommend them. I may not agree with everything he preached and with some of his "altar work" methods, but I consider him a man of God.

Altar Work methods? now you know you can't lay something out there like that without elaborating....