View Single Post
Old 11-22-2008, 12:27 PM
"It's Never Too Late"

Re: Genesis 1 gap theory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam View Post
Well, Bro. Blume, from an authority that you dearly love in the Scofield Bible, there is a note at Genesis 1:2 which says:
"Jer 4:23-26; Isa 24:1 and 45:18, clearly indicate that the earth had undergone a cataclysmic change as a result of a divine judgment. The face of the earth bears everywhere the marks of such a catastrophe...."

I had read somewhere that the word "was" in Gen 1:2 (and the earth "was" without form and void) could actually be translated "became" (and the earth "became" without form and void). I thought that I had read that in the Scofield Bible but I did not see anything about that when I just looked. My Scofield has disintegrated and is just a pile of loose pages.

The "gap theory" can put the age of the earth just about anywhere and the story of the six "days" of creation can actually be a more recent "re-creation." Some see this as a compromise with "science so-called" while others see it as a way of getting away from the "young earth" theory.
Many believe that "The morning and the evening were the first day".

Actully refers to the first day of Jehova relating the things that were before to Moses.

The second day being the second day being the second day of Jevoha sharing these words with Moses.

The resaon God showed Moses his hinder parts was that Moses was to see that which was on the back side of God or time.

Tell me this why would God speak things into existance in 7 days?

I personally believe it took the Lord seven days to share this with Moses.

And on the 7th day the Lord rested...

Rested his case with Moses....