Thread: Hunting Season
View Single Post
Old 10-11-2013, 10:41 AM
On the road less traveled

Re: Hunting Season

I took my daughter to the doctor, and they weren't sure, as she is just a teenager, but her symptoms are pretty strongly suggestive of Raynaud's, and it is a miserable problem! Especially if you happen to live in the cold country as we do.

Hitting the elk was a huge blessing for us! In fact, the police officer that came to my window asked me if I played the lottery. I looked at him puzzled, as to why he would ask me that. He said he had never in all his years of being a police officer ever seen someone hit an animal as big as that elk with the minimal damage to my vehicle. He said it was my "lucky day" and that I really should go play the lottery... I told him I didn't need to play the lottery, that the Lord's provision is far greater than any lottery win! And all the fire truck guys came over and were just shaking their heads when they saw my car, that I was able to drive it home, and that I was unhurt, after hitting such a big animal.

I gave the Lord all the praise and glory all winter long too, while eating the meat!