View Single Post
Old 04-04-2008, 01:33 PM
Not riding the train

Re: Healing Scriptures

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Alicea View Post
By His stripes we are healed ...

For awhile I've struggled whether or not we in some ways misapply this verse to automatically mean physical healing .... or that somehow as some say we don't have enough faith in what he did on the cross if we do not receive healing

Looking at the context of it .... it seems to pertain mostly to our spiritual man and condition ...

One writer states:

"The phrase "we were healed" in Strongs Concordance the Hebrew word is chabbuwrah- bound (with stripes), i.e. a weal (or black-and-blue mark itself):

The root word is #2266 chabar-1) to unite, to join, to bind together, to be joined, to be coupled, to be in league, to heap up, to have fellowship with, to unite, to join oneself to, to make an alliance.

By his stripes we were healed, we were made united to God spiritually now having fellowship where sin once kept us from this. While this does not dismiss his physically healing us, it in no way is a guarantee of it. To teach this can be just as much a disservice than someone teaching God no longer heals!"

And so I think we can apply it to physical healing but really the thrust of this message is that by His sacrifice we are make whole w/ and in God.

More on this topic here
Good post, Daniel!!!!!!!