View Single Post
Old 09-19-2018, 09:46 AM
Believe, Obey, Declare

Re: Trump's NK Approach Is Bearing Fruit

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckeyeBukaroo View Post
Ultimately, it is best for America for our President to be decisive on the international stage AND for him to have bi-partisan support when it comes to international issues. When he stumbles, we stumble. When he is bold and successful, we are bold and successful.

Look, if he could walk on water and turn loaves into fishes you can bet that the DNC would start stocking up on wood, hammers and nails.

Bipartisan sounds nice and all but when you have people that are in charge of steering the bus that you are on...I just want to get to where I'm going without taking a header off a cliff.

Brash and abrasive? Yes.

This back and forth with NK has went on for a while and won't be solved overnight...I think Trump played the best hand he had in a situation not of his making that was laid down in layers over multiple administrations.

Ultimately I'd rather us not be over there but we are and leaving a sudden power vacuum wouldn't have the best result I think...it'd be like losing the world's longest starting match.

I think that offering Kim legitimacy gives Trump leverage because if you are offered a seat at the table you now have something that can be taken away.