View Single Post
Old 05-22-2007, 03:12 PM
Supercalifragilisticexpiali...

Quote:
Originally Posted by whollyHis View Post
I am 47 years old, and have never touched scissors to my hair. Does that make me 'Super Christian"? Not by a loong shot. I keep my hair uncut out of respect for my dadd and his ministry, and for the pastor's that I sat under, and out of obedience to my husband.

I do not think it gives me more power than anyone else, and neither do I look on in awe at a lady with loooong tresses dragging the floor, or getting caught in her legs as she walks. Most long-haired women that I know wear it wadded up in a knot on her neck-MOST unbecoming, I might add.

When I see that mass of hair, I do NOT think,"OH, what GLORY." I think, "My oh, my- what a burden for her. Poor thing".

Let's face it- long hair is cumbersome and a burden. It's a pain to wash, a pain to curl, and a pain to fix...it has caused me to shed many tears over the years.

I don't know of many Apostolic women that comb the knots out of their hair,and praise God the whole time they are combing...LOL
Apostolic or not there are many women that have long (even uncut) hair by choice and not because they are told to or go to a church that teaches the same.

I am a firm believer in the Old Paths

Articles on such subjects as "The New Birth," will be accepted, whether they teach that the new birth takes place before baptism in water and Spirit, or that the new birth consists of baptism of water and Spirit. - THE PENTECOSTAL HERALD Dec. 1945

"It is doubtful if any Trinitarian Pentecostals have ever professed to believe in three gods, and Oneness Pentecostals should not claim that they do." - Daniel Segraves