View Single Post
Old 11-22-2022, 02:21 PM
Registered Member

Re: History of Tithes in the Church

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicodemus1968 View Post
Just looking to get your take on this.

Malachi 3:8-11
v.8 Will a man rob God? Yet ye have robbed me. But ye say, Wherein have we robbed thee? In tithes and offerings.
v.9 Ye are cursed with a curse: for ye have robbed me, even this whole nation.
v.10 Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house, and prove me now herewith, saith the LORD of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it.
v.11 And I will rebuke the devourer for your sakes, and he shall not destroy the fruits of your ground; neither shall your vine cast her fruit before the time in the field, saith the LORD of hosts.

Do any of these verses apply to us today? Is there a way we can rob God by not putting our tithe and offering in the storehouses? Im not talking about monetary coin alone, in your study on this subject, how can a we as the church today apply these verses of scripture?
How would you apply this verse?
Isa 65:4 NKJV - (4) Who sit among the graves, And spend the night in the tombs; Who eat swine's flesh, And the broth of abominable things is [in] their vessels;