View Single Post
Old 12-04-2010, 08:54 AM
Registered Member

Re: DKB's Impassioned Plea For Iranian Branhamite?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissBrattified View Post
TL - the walking Apostolic history book.

I don't know if this guy is really an "Apostolic contact" or not; does anyone? Regardless, it does seem like an unfortunate trend to claim any Christian who appears in the news as one of our own. It's kind of disgusting, actually, and I really hope that isn't the case here.

Every worthy cause needs a martyr, and it's pretty despicable to see groups clamoring over who gets to claim the latest and greatest. Hopefully Youcef won't be a martyr at all and can stick with his status of "persecuted." Frankly, I'm surprised the mainstream media hasn't picked this up as a human rights violation, since he's actually being persecuted for rejecting Islam...oh, wait....
Oh by the way, Abi, I meant to tell you that I am a religious reader of your hubby's smoked meat website.

I brined and smoked a turkey for Thanksgiving following his step-by-step directions, though I put my own little spice touches in my brine recipe. It was delicious.

His site is on my bookmarks list ... one of the things I'd rather read and follow than a saturation of "current events" news.