View Single Post
Old 01-14-2009, 02:16 PM
Wouldn't Take Nothin' For My Journey Now!

Update on Sis. Nona Freeman

©Kneemail Memo: Update for Sister Nona Freeman
Date: January 14, 2009 @ 12:00 PM

Information:
Email: kneemail@yahoo.com
Office: 228-497-3923
CellText: 229-990-6591
Contacts: Sue Crocker and/or Gloria Patton

ReCap from Jason:

-Today has been a little more challenging for Ouma. I went to see her last night to tuck her in around 815 and she was already sleeping soundly. I stopped by the nurses station for about 15 minutes to ask how Ouma had been - while standing there, Ouma called the nurse for assistance so I was able to go in and see her.

Yesterday Ouma was taken off of all anitbiotics. Last night she began wheezing and coughing while I was there. The nurse originally said it sounded just to be congestion in her throat because she had no rattle and was moving air very well. I left around 12:15 a.m. this morning.

I spoke with Sandra this morning to find out that doctors have restarted antibiotics for Ouma and are giving her Lasix to remove fluid. She had improved and continues to do so. But while I was there last night, she was having a lot of trouble resting and her breathing was labored. She does not rest well when people are in the room so I told her I was going to leave - she asked me to stay because she did not want to be alone. I'm glad to have stayed - we did not talk much - I just wanted her to rest. But she would wake every 10 to 15 minutes to cough or get a sip of water. So much of the night was a chore for Ouma. She was exhausted from the physical therapy she had yesterday - simple things like getting her water or kleenex was almost too much for her.

In the past hour, Sandra says Ouma seems to be doing better than yesterday and just looks tired. It does not look like Ouma will go to the Rehab hospital today. The little that Ouma and I did talk last night was encouraging. She continues to be thankful to Jesus for where she is and what she is going through. She speaks in tongues often. As she was laying in that hospital bed last night, she looked at me and said "I have been led by the Holy Ghost many years - and I am STILL led by the Holy Ghost. I am led by the Holy Ghost sitting in this bed. I am here in Jesus' Name".

There's really not anything you can add to that..... Jay