View Single Post
Old 04-19-2018, 06:43 PM
Registered Member

Re: Do we have to pay tithes?

[QUOTE=1ofthechosen;1527811]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Originalist View Post
We can stand to say that whatever was robbery to God always was. When what was being robbed from was completely replaced by God himself, it becomes a moot point/QUOTE]

Where did He replace it? 1 scripture that says tithes were replaced by God Himself in the NT. I'll give you 22 million dollars if you can show one.

Everything else you said is not worth my time to answer. So when you get that NT scripture let me know. I'm waiting, I didn't think there was another part of the Bible I've never seen. But I'm holding my breath until you get it.
The storehouse is what was being robbed from. The storehouse is gone. The Temple is gone. The Priests are gone. The Levites are gone. The system that necessitated a tithe tax is gone. God took it all down.

Furthermore, you and I are not Jews. We couldn't tithe even if we wanted to. Tithes must come from the land of Israel to begin with.

Allow me to ask, why do you think that all Christians are required to tithe when all Israelis were not? Please share how this morphed also. Who gave the authority to morph God's holy tithe?

You see, you are claiming I'm not providing anything but an opinion. I'm giving much more than an opinion. This is about one covenant that did not work well being completely replaced by God with another. You are cherry picking one part of the Law and trying to place it in a covenant it does not belong in. You have no authority to do so.

Acts 15 is clear on this matter....

Then some of the believers who belonged to the party of the Pharisees stood up and said, “The Gentiles must be circumcised and required to keep the law of Moses.”

You cite from that very Law, placing a part of it on the church as a requirement, just like those mentioned in Acts 15 who were trying to impose the Law on believers. But what was the Apostle's verdict on this?

. 28 It seemed good to the Holy Spirit and to us not to burden you with anything beyond the following requirements:

29 You are to abstain from food sacrificed to idols, from blood, from the meat of strangled animals and from sexual immorality. You will do well to avoid these things.

If tithing was an exception, this is when the Apostles would have plainly spelled it out.

Forgive my stern tone previously. I'll try to tone it down.