View Single Post
Old 02-21-2009, 08:16 AM
Registered Member

Re: Loren Yadon's: Tragedies of War????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Alicea View Post
Fudge addresses the LY affair in his book ... prior to addressing it .... he shares an interesting account of how Clyde Haney dealt w/ Howard Goss teaching his view of salvation at WABC ... then Fudge shares the LY affair.

Pay close attention to the footnotes also.

The LY affair:

Daniel, you know that you and I are at different ends of this discussion as it pertains to salvation. For the newcomer and lurker I will state again for the record that I am a PAJCer in belief.

However, I am a strong believer in speaking the truth about history, be it world, country, or church. For someone to say that we don't need to know it because we've "moved beyond that" is unfair at it's best.

How can we "move beyond" those who showed us the Way?!

How can we so easily dismiss those who stood in the gap at risk of life and limb when being sanctified was looked down upon?!

I grew up without knowledge of others in the Body who held a different view. It is something I am not happy about, and have said so to anyone who would listen.

It is diversity that built the UNITED Pentecostal Church, International in 1945...so why is the bridge of unity torn apart today?!

Are we of the PAJC view so much more enlightened than our brothers who hold to a PCI view?!

Do we not all baptize in the Name above all others?!

Do we not all teach and believe in the baptism of the Spirit?!

So the PCIer believes that one is saved at belief and repentance...the end result is the same with souls being baptized and Spirit filled.

While I'm on my soapbox, let me share this...

A week or so ago, I was re-reading a teaching book. I took the book to my 78 year old mother, held it so that she could not see the title, and read a portion to her from the chaper on repentance.

After I read it, I asked, "Mom, what is the doctrinal view of the person who wrote this book?!"

She said, "It sounds like they believe we are saved at repentance."

The book is a study guide published by WAP, and has been used by UPCers world wide.

Folks have come too late to tell me that this is just a small faction that has been rooted out.

Sorry for the long post, but this subject makes me crazy when I think of how divisive it is, and how for many of us, this was and still is hushed up as though it has no importance.