View Single Post
Old 07-09-2012, 12:52 PM
On the road less traveled

Re: question about other forums

I like to think of AFF as in the scripture that says "iron sharpeneth iron"

If you only associate with those whom you completely agree with, are you being sharpened? I have gone through growth with this forum, because if I post something, and someone disagrees with me, and proves it through scripture, then I can continue to learn and grow.

It is when you begin to think you have it all figured out, and no one can tell you any different that you really begin to die.

There is brotherly love and concern here in this forum, as well as lots of debate with iron sharpening iron... but in the end, I believe most are here because they sincerely love the Lord, want to be pleasing to Him, and are in effect trying to "work out their own salvation."

None of us has it ALL figured out, and the Word is alive, and living, and breathing, and there is fresh manna from it each time we pick it up.

The only thing I have seen about this forum that I dislike is the harsh words used against someone who expresses their opinion. There is really no need for that kind of thing. We can have discussions in brotherly love take place that are edifying, and life changing, without the need for childish name calling, bullying, and demeaning behavior.

That is the only thing I would change... not the discussion, not the debates but just that we all would respect each other's opinions, and refrain from childish behavior.