View Single Post
Old 07-24-2007, 01:49 PM
Not riding the train

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digging4Truth View Post
This is another post from this thread...

This realization has brought me to a place where I question myself as best I can.

Admittedly we are ill equipped for true self examination but a realization of a need for said self examination goes a long way. At least for myself.

I try to keep every doctrine open for evaluation and re-evaluation. The realization of the power of perception lets me know that my judgment of whether something is true or not is, often, nothing more than a comparison against my own experiences & perceptions... and that... my friend... is not a very true measure.

This brings me to continual prayer that God show me truth beyond my own realm of thinking and help me maintain an open mind and an ability to to and fairly weigh what, at any given moment in time, I might not really believe.

This all results in a brokenness before God concerning what I believe having hope only in His promise to lead me and guide me into all truth.
Good post and thread!

That's what I like about discussing ideas/issues on a Forum, there are many diverse views and they help you to see your comments for what they are and not only for what you want them to be perceived as.