View Single Post
Old 08-24-2019, 08:51 PM
Registered Member

Re: One In The Greek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esaias View Post
Not speaking for MTD but I wouldn't say the Logos teaching is an "alternative to the two natures teaching" necessarily. Servetus points out the Scripture doesn't really concern itself with "Natures" (in the Aristotelian metaphysical sense"). The two natures teaching in a nutshell is that Jesus is both fully God and fully human, as I understand it.

No good discussions anywhere I know of. We could start one, though.

I have a pdf copy of the full text of the English translation. Go here: https://archive.org/details/M.Servet...y19691531-1532

His writings are somewhat difficult for anyone unfamiliar with pre-20th century literature. Also, he wrote within a theological context dominated by near universal trinitarianism and Scholasticism, so his language must be understood in that light. That said, I disagree with some of his ideas, and others I would word differently. There may even be some internal inconsistencies (eg, in earlier parts he speaks of the divine Persons (plural) but in later parts he affirms there is only ONE Person of God).

But overall I have found his book to be the most thought provoking and over all accurate depiction of Scriptural Christology presented in "theological terms". A good second runner up (possibly more accessible to the reader) is James Dunn's Christology in the Making but that is actually a Biblical theology not a Systematic theology, so it's more of a ground laying treatise than a summary presentation.
Thank you very much for posting the link to Servetus's book!