View Single Post
Old 10-10-2007, 08:05 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC1 View Post
In the mid 70's era Becky Fender was my favorite singer. I remember at La. Campmeeting in either 73 or 74 I bought an album with a group comprised of Becky Fender and Bill and Renee Morris. I think it was titled "Rainbow" or something like that. Very contemporary for that era and I loved it. Bill Morris was Kenneth Phillips music director at the time.

A decade or two later Becky went through a phase of overdoing songs (phrasing, riffs, etc) that I did not enjoy but I think she recovered from that phase! She has an amazing voice. I have not heard her for years but I assume she still does.

In the mid 70's Becky Fender, Sharon Haygood, and Nancy Grandquist were probably the best female soloists in Oneness Pentecost.
CC1- I agree with you. B. Fender does have a great voice. I always enjoyed her singing especially back in the day! I listened to B. Fender singing at the Promiseland service and noted that she still overdoes phrases. I remember the B. Morris era, I was just coming into Pentecost at the time. I had a connection to the Phillips church, and visited there a couple of times, in the 70's heyday.