Thread: MegaFest 2013
View Single Post
Old 08-28-2013, 06:47 PM
Banned

Re: MegaFest 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Badejo View Post
I can't for the life of me understand why Oprah Winfrey would be invited to speak at a "Christian" conference. What does a promoted of New Age spirituality who denies that salvation is exclusively through Jesus Christ have to offer the church?

I suppose that would depend of what definition we are using by the church, it is obvious by the lineup that this is pseudo-Christianity at its finest. The whole event is put on by TD Jakes, and in addition to featuring Oprah Winfrey and her new age anti-Christian "Life class", other speakers include Creflo Dollar and Joel Osteen.

I sickened. I'm disgusted. I'm offended. This garbage isn't Christian nor Christianity. This is the church worshipping celebrities and men who are supposed to preach the gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ, CHRIST AND HIM CRUCIFIED, who have bowed the knee to Oprah and are just like her. Both Jakes and Osteen have become close in recent years, and both have been on Oprah's "Life class" show. Which I confess I haven't seen Jakes episode, but what I have seen are parts of Joel's along with other "spiritual leaders" and it is outright satanic deception.

Do we really have no discernment? Are there NO prophets amongst us?
I'm surprised that Jakes included Oprah as a speaker. I can understand Dollar and Osteen, at least they're promoters of Jesus Christ as Lord and savior. Oprah on the other hand doesn't proclaim Him as such, I don't think.

Until God raises someone who has signs and wonders following their ministry, the message of Jesus Christ will not be very effective I'm afraid. Until then, it's just another philosophy competing with the various new age and anti-christian philosophies.