View Single Post
Old 11-24-2019, 07:02 AM
Registered Member

Re: Pray for jailhouse revival

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esaias View Post
My son, through a series of "interesting" events, landed a job as a jailer at the county jail. He's been there about a month, and was recently reprimanded by the sheriff and the Lt in charge of the jail for preaching to the inmates. So he will probably be leaving that job (they gave him an ultimatum basically). Meanwhile, the prisoners have started actually settling down, treating each other with respect as well as not antagonizing the guards. They've started praying all through the cell blocks, and basically starting to have church by themselves in the jail. So it seems good seed has been sown and is starting to bear some fruit.

Please pray that the Word would have free reign in the jail, and that any who try to stop it either come under conviction and repent or be moved out of the way. And pray for the prisoners who have repeatedly said they "never heard the Gospel put to them so plainly and straightforwardly". And for my son, that God's will be done in this situation.
I do Jail Ministry at our local County Sheriffs Dept. I believe in preaching to the inmates. Will be praying for Gods will.