View Single Post
Old 07-25-2019, 06:00 PM
Administrator

Re: Tongues- A sign or THE sign Of Spirit Infillin

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesGlen View Post
BIG difference between the two.

If tongues are just one of the signs, and not THE (initial) sign that always accompanies Spirit infilling, then the doctrine of “tongues as THE evidence” is false, is error.

It seems to me this is the line drawn in the sand regarding tongues- A sign or THE sign.

Without question in the book of Acts, tongues are atleast A sign, but are they ALWAYS THE sign, THE “proof”, THE evidence one is being Spirit filled?
If tongues are not THE sign, then there isn't any sign at all.

Some say, fruit of the Spirit. But those can take a long time to develop into fulness. So, we wait around for months or longer to see if someone can get their life together sufficiently so as to determine if they've received the Holy Spirit?

And how do we determine true fruits of the Spirit from people who are merely loving, patient, kind, and etc.?

Some say you can't call Jesus Lord except through the Holy Spirit. So, when someone confesses Jesus is Lord, that means they are filled. But Jesus said, "Why do you call me 'Lord' but don't do the things I say?". Confessions are of little use here. Throw in what He said in Matthew 7:22 and there's your nail in that coffin.

Some think all of Joel 2:28, prophesying, dreams, and etc. are indications of being filled with the Spirit. But that dog doesn't bark. King Saul prophesied while backslidden and afflicted by an evil spirit (1 Samuel 19:24). Caiaphas prophesied being High Priest, and caused Jesus to be murdered (John 11:51).

And as far as dreams go, I give you Pharoah, a Midianite, Nebuchadnezzar, and Pilate's Wife.

The only thing left is speaking with other tongues.

http://votivesoul.wordpress.com/