View Single Post
Old 06-10-2019, 05:40 PM
Banned

Re: Be Perfect Be Pure

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael The Disciple View Post
There are 2 kinds of perfection. Sinless perfection and then growth to the full stature of Christ.

Sinless perfection is more about "maintaining" than "attaining".

When one is born again they are perfect. Not one sin is held against them. As long as they don't commit a sin they will continue to be perfect. IF they would sin they are no longer perfect.

If they truly repent they are perfect again. They have no sin in their life.

If there is no sin in ones life they are are perfect in context of "sinless perfection".
Okay, I think I understand you.

In the context of "sinless perfection", how does one know they aren't sinning? For example... I had a ham and swiss sandwich last night. Have I sinned? Occasionally I wear poly-knit clothing, am I in sin? I don't really keep any "holy days", I might give a nod to their cultural significance, but that's it. I believe that everyday is holy unto the Lord. So, I don't keep the OT sabbaths, feast days, or festivals. I've entertained sabbath keeping, but the Holy Spirit kept pushing me into deeper waters and convicting me that the rest of the sabbath was symbolic type and shadow of our rest in Christ. So, I look at keeping any day as a "holiday" of sorts as merely a cultural thing wherein I can take it or leave it. Would this be "sin"? If I had a brother, and he died without having a child to continue his name, must I marry his wife and raise children up in his name? Because in the OT, it was a rather serious sin not to. God struck Onan dead for refusing to sire a child in his brother's name. If one wishes to really "think" about this... there could be dozens, if not hundreds, of questions like these.

I'm thinking that with a doctrine as exacting as sinless perfection, we need what is and what is not "sin" firmly established. Can you list exactly what is sin for a NT believer?

I ask this because it is one thing to say "one must be perfect" and have a bunch of people grunting along in agreement with you while sitting aside a campfire. It's entirely another to define it for practical application that can be readily understood and lived out. This is because everyone grunting in agreement might have different views on what is meant when you say "sinless perfection". And without it specified clearly, I imagine your view would see many souls lost due to people simply not knowing what is and is not sin under the New Covenant.

Last edited by Antipas; 06-10-2019 at 06:01 PM.