View Single Post
Old 12-31-2013, 07:13 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael The Disciple View Post
What you saw is out of context for them overall. I was leaving for work while this was going on. The fellow stated that Mike B. is to timid in asking for money. Having watched IHOP here and there for 4 years they definitely are not the kind of money grabbers you see all over the Pentecostal/Charismatic movement. If you were paying attention they have a tremendous worldwide outreach that does require money. I can say that they are on the Internet every day 24/7 for anyone to turn on and see. We have sent them an offering maybe twice. The concept around IHOP is far advanced compared to most Churches. Anyone can come in the prayer room at any time. There have been counted license plates from 27 states in the parking lot there is NEVER a charge. People from the neighborhood that are unsaved and looking for something to do can come in and hear great Christian music and see Spirit baptized people worshipping Christ. No telling how many come to Christ that way. As far as material gain Misty Edwards vowed ten years of her youth to Jesus. She would not date nor have her own house. She would give extravagantly and not hold onto money. She has been an awesome example that many at IHOP follow. She could be out doing concerts and become very rich and famous. To my knowledge she does not do any touring. If I am correct IHOP has directly or indirectly helped raise up some ten thousand houses of prayer where nothing happens except continual prayer and worship 24/7. For all they are involved in they spend little time for the most part talking about money. They have an outreach in the neighborhood called Hope City where they feed people by the hundreds each week. They also give away hundreds of bags of groceries to those in need. I wish I knew of an Apostolic Church with this kind of love and commitment to Christ was going on.
Have you heard of the Salvation Army?