View Single Post
Old 08-13-2017, 02:10 AM
Registered Member

Re: Tithing…Is it a command?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritwarrior View Post
Tithing is such a touchy subject. But here is some questions and thought.

First: I do believe in paying at least 10% of my income. I always have and feel good about it. Is it biblical? not everything in the old Testament was done away with or yet fulfilled. Does that mean we cut out the old Testament? No.And the Tithing does carry over in the New. Didn't Jesus say give Caesar that is Caesars and God's the things that are God's? Yes, I know this was referring to taxes, but what are the things of God? Taxes? I think not.

Second: I'll talk about my Church. We would have a building if people didn't tithe. We would have a pastor how could go out and visit the sick and the people that are having problems. Doesn't tithing bring a good feeling into the church? we've been able to pay our church off in about 6years. We have a wood ministry to give to people in need. That also means people that aren't in the church as well. we have members that give their time(tithes) also. You see tithes are more than just giving money, it can be your time, talent, going and visiting people. it's giving of yourself. But what ever you do, do with a cheerful heart or it's for not.

Lastly: Do I believe in giving 10% of my income? Yes I do. Can I fully back this up, No. But I believe God isn't going to keep repeating himself. He doesn't do that. And I'm not going to take the chance and one day stand before God and answer to that. I'd rather Tithe now, then find out I didn't need to. once it's over you can't go back and undo.
And I love his blessings also.
Remember The time and money we give goes to further his Kingdom. Without it we don't send people out to preach, teach and bring people to hear the word.

If your giving your 10% or more begrudging than it's not doing you any good. bring it to the Lord in prayer and put on the Helmet of Salvation. Conquer your mind and heart. Walk as He walked, Talk as He talked, Think as He thought. You're see and may even find your giving more of yourself and even any extra money you get in blessings you may find yourself giving it back to God or his mission.
May God settle this in everyone's heart. For you see we have greater things to get on with. We having people drying everyday without the Lord. This is a side trail that we don't need to be on. Watch That the devil don't keep you on things that have no worth.

So in closing, is it a Command? Does it matter? I want to be part that sends out and raises mighty men and women of God to do the work I can't do.
If a man of God at the local Church says we need to tithe 10% than obey.

I have to say this. I feel someone is reading this feeling bad about not being able to give more than they do. Read Mark 12:42-44 She gave all she had. I'm not saying for you to do that. Only God knows where you're at in life, but I can say this to you. You can give of yourself. Help out in the church, help out an older couple or person with something they can't do for themselves anymore. All this is counted toward your tithing.
Yes it matters. How it is presented matters. A little leaven will leaven the whole lump. If one teaching can be truthfully discounted does it not cast an instant shadow of doubt on all the others?