View Single Post
Old 12-21-2010, 07:56 PM
Saved by Grace

Re: Chester, You were right. The Apostolic Emergen

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAII View Post
Do you think he has a death wish ... I think he thinks it's just a cool hip label.

Methodological ... while keeping THE DOCTRINE.
I don't know, I'm not that interested in all that mess anymore, I threw in the UPC 3 step towel. My point is that buzzwords are attached to people and the perception of their person associated with said buzzword is more important that what that person actually believes. So I don't know why someone would attach the "emergent" buzzword to themselves.

I think he may be trying to be "cool" and wanting to be "cutting edge", but in the org that will backfire on him. Whereas, if he had not publically identified himself as "emergent" he could easily go one for years believing the exact same things, without social reprocussions.

Some have attempted to turn the church into a good ole boys club, what's new?

"The only man who has the right to say he is justified by grace alone is the man who has left all to follow Christ." ~Dietrich Bonheoffer, The Cost of Discipleship

"Preachers who should be fishing for men are now too often fishing for compliments from men." ~Leonard Ravenhill