View Single Post
Old 05-27-2019, 08:35 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Re: History of the Water and Spirit Doctrine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Costeon View Post
Just to make sure I understand, you're saying that what Ewart said about the revelation at Arroyo Seco had to do with the Oneness of God?

From what I've read so far is seems like the teaching that connected John 3:5 and Acts 2:38 and considered the new birth, or initial salvation, as a process and not a point in time originated in the 1910s and 1920s and is unique in the history of the Christianity. I am very interested to know if any other groups may have taught this as well.

Since I attend a UPCI church, I am in particular interested in how two organizations (PAJC and PCI) formed a merger though no unanimity existed regarding how Acts 2:38 was to be understood, though all practiced it. (Now there is, officially at any rate, unanimity: the PAJC view has prevailed, that is, the doctrine of water and Spirit. It interests me a great deal that it was not always so.)
Did you ever read William Chalfant Ancient Champions of Oneness or Oneness Pentecostalism: History of the Jesus Name Movement by Daniel Butler?