View Single Post
Old 06-25-2009, 06:57 PM
Crazy father of 4

Location: Now? Phoenix, AZ. Before? Newark, OH, Wyandotte, MI, Tampa, FL
Things stolen while at church.

We came home last night to find out that someone had entered our place and stolen between 700 and 800 dollars worth of things from my oldest son. They took a brand new game system with all the trimmings and all the games. THE ONLY THING THEY TOOK. They left money, a debt card, tv's, and several other things. Just the new system and games. Of course we have our thoughts about who and why but those are only speculation. We feel violated. My oldest son is trying so hard to do what is right and good. He just came from a really good youth service to that. He was so let down. The devil tried to steal his joy but he stopped it from happening. He got back on the right track. He is hurt and upset but he is forgiving.
We all are hurt. If the 'who' really did it then we have been treating this young man like one of our own for 5 years only to be slapped in the face. It is very disheartening.
Called the police when we found it. They never showed up. Called them back and was told it would be about an hour longer. We found this at 9:45 PM and by 11:00PM we have made two phone calls to be told it would probably be closer to 12:00AM. Well at 2:30 AM I finally went to bed. Called them back this morning and told them how SAFE they made me feel. They arrived at 9:00 AM to take a statement and dust for prints. They could not get any clear prints. GREAT.
Anyway......
Called the insurance to double check my deductible and it is $1000, another GREAT. So we are paying to have things replaced if they are stolen or lost do to some other force and it really doesn't do us much good. So my son is out his new system and games. He had used his first pay check to buy this stuff. AFTER TITHES AND OFFERINGS OF COURSE. Poor kid. He gets up and the devil tries to knock him down again. I am so proud of him and how he is doing. He said that it is okay, God just removed a time robber from him.

I'll get back to you when I figure it out.