View Single Post
Old 11-14-2019, 10:19 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Re: Can/Should Christians Be Democrats?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tithesmeister View Post
This is a very complicated issue. I have close friends that I have much respect for, that are pretty liberal. They are liberal for the right reasons.

On the other hand, I am pretty solidly conservative. Both positions can be supported by scripture in certain instances, depending on the subject. For instance...
Capital punishment would be considered a conservative tenet by the majority of people. It is certainly supported by scripture. On the other hand, support for the poor and disadvantaged would be considered by most to be a liberal agenda. It also has much support found in scripture. So it is not the dichotomy that we like to believe it is.

For me however, the division occurs with abortion. I can’t support taking the life of “the least of these”. So I vote accordingly. But I am under no misguided belief that my vote is a perfect expression of my Christian principles. I merely attempt to do the best I can. Until I am offered a better choice.
Support for the poor is NOT.a "liberal" thing. Conservatives routinely give more for charitable causes than liberals. Liberal "support for the poor" is code for more taxes, welfare, and bloated bureaucracy. The liberal wants charity and alms to be a mandated goverment program rather than a personal act of charity and almsgiving.

Meanwhile, modern liberals are full blown bolshevik communists and so called conservatives are Trotskyite communists. Two wings on the same filthy bird. Bird poop is bird poop, whether it's from a pidgeon or a woodpecker.

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf