View Single Post
Old 09-16-2013, 10:30 AM
Cross-examine it!

Re: Tragedy of War RECOVERED! LISTEN!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bishoph View Post
You missed the point of what I was saying.....I did not say PCI was the most vocal, I am not speaking of those still currently "in" the organization, I am referring to those who have left and a few within who will at every chance tear down and try to completely annul anyone's belief in standards, and other doctrinal issues. Just read through this forum, and any time the subject comes up there are plenty of people who will do everything they can to encourage people to walk away from standards, and "manmade" rules, and any other doctrinal variance that they see different. Why not leave them alone and let them serve God as they see it or have been taught? If it doesn't matter and we'll all go to heaven anyway.....why do you and others feel the need to enlighten others that they don't need to believe whatever they have been taught or come to understand on their own?

This is the point that I am making.......you say that the hardliners are the culprits.....I tend to agree.....I believe in being conservative but not caustic.....I do not believe we have to be mean and hateful to stand for what we believe.....and have lived my life to this point trying to have honest dialogue with people of opposing views without condemning them. But what you and many others charge the "hardliners" of doing....is being done from the other side of the aisle as well. Two wrongs do not make a right.
Why not leave them alone to serve God as they have been taught, you say.

Hmmm. So now it comes back to the point where some pastor somewhere taught it and it must be respected for all times as a solid Biblical mandate. One of the things LY encouraged in the sermon was open dialogue and reexamination of passages that we may have misinterpreted. To put this in context five faculty members were at, or near the end of, their studies at Western Theological. This had to cause them as a group and individuals to reexamine things.

The hard liners could not allow for such a thing to happen. Open dialogue and reexamine what I have taught, it will show I am not perfect and correct on everything. This we cannot allow.