View Single Post
Old 09-16-2013, 11:33 AM
God's Son

Re: Tragedy of War RECOVERED! LISTEN!

Anyone really believe the absurd notions revisionism happened on both sides? There was a major rewrite of UPCI history in the 1990's spearheaded by men including the current UPCI pope. The Westburg Resolution is a document that could have come from the Third Reich. The spirit of unity was violated by hardliners insisting on rules and regulations over God's Word.

The only thing uniting the two groups was immersion in Jesus name. You cannot
They didn't let wardrobe and jewelry stand in the way of unity.

The facts do not support revisionist history on both sides.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bishoph View Post
I agree totally! The problem is that (as I see it) there is revisionism on both sides of the aisle. The same crowd that shout from the mountaintops that we should maintain the spirit of the merger and we should allow for diversity in the body and unite on what we have in common while minimizing our differences.....are the ones who are the most vocal to rail against standards and ANY doctrinal view different than their own. If they really desired the "spirit of the merger" they would keep their dissenting views to themselves and allow everyone to believe what they feel is right. But they are no different than the ones they charge with being divisive. They have become judgmental and mean spirited against those that they charge with the same. They claim freedom.....but they are bound by the bitterness and hatred for the doctrine/group they have come out of.

Legalism has no pity on people. Legalism makes my opinion your burden, makes opinion your boundary, makes my opinion your obligation-Lucado

Some get spiritual because they see the light. Others because they feel the heat.Ray Wylie Hubbard

Definition of legalism- Damned if you do. Damned if you don't. TV