Thread: Is This True?
View Single Post
Old 03-08-2014, 02:31 PM
Registered Member

Re: Is This True?

Thanks RJR and Pressing On for feedback. I like how RJRs recent posts address the fact that cleansing is not limited to water baptism in Jesus' name. There are many verses that address salvation, as mentioned. I'd also like to point out Titus 3:5 "Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;" We all know that it's the spirit which regenerates or brings life, but here it's also used as a washing mechanism.

I think Cornelius was completely saved before he was baptized. I think God washed him and forgave him of his sins or else he wouldn't have given him the gift of the Spirit; life. But I do understand why Paul wanted him to be baptized so that everyone was on the same page. If God didn't withhold the Holy Ghost from the gentiles, who were they to withhold the commandment/ritual/rite of baptism from them either.

This thread started as a response to 65+ people being baptized. And though some might not be so judgmental, there are OPs who immediately judge them as being unsaved because they didn't speak in tongues yet and the view towards baptism was different than theirs. I believe the AofG churches and some others are just as saved and spirit filled as the UPC, PAW, ALJC, etc. It's unfortunate that all of the genuinely saved, born again sons of God are fighting each other to try to prove who's saved and who isn't.