View Single Post
Old 09-24-2007, 12:13 PM
I remain the Petulant Chevalier

I don’t give place to the devil. What is the point? He that is within me is greater than he that is in the world.

I did SEE this in Guyana. We were going to a place in Guyana called eyerie hall and on the road, we came to a place where the road went around this giant tree. East bound on one side west bound on the other, then past the tree, the road came back together.

I asked about that and I was told this was a sacred tree to the local voodoo religion. Obeo (sp) is the name of it. As the story goes, when the road was being built, the local shaman told the workers to leave the tree alone. They didn’t listen. First, when they tried to chop the tree down, the ax glanced off the tree, and cut the worker who was chopping it down. Next they used a chain saw and a guy lost a leg. Then they tried to bull doze it and the bulldozer flipped and crushed the worker. So they decided to leave the tree alone.

That happened as we were on our way to begin a work in this town eyerie hall (the spelling is very wrong). This area was the hot bed for voodoo in Guyana. That night the 6 of us stayed at this gentleman’s house. All night long I felt like I was under spiritual attack. The next morning, as we ate breakfast, every person in the group had prayed quietly all night long having felt the same oppressing spirits.

That night after reaching out all over that community, we had a service and there were 50 people that came. As we began to sing about the Blood of Jesus, we all felt a heavy oppression and by the end of the song service, several people had begun to manifest demonic position.

After the service, I had to return to Georgetown and the next morning as I was leaving the house, I felt impressed to pray. I am not claiming an audible voice, but I felt I needed to pray for my own physical protection. I returned to the house, and began to pray and after I eventually felt a release in the Holy Ghost, I got on my bicycle and started my trip over to the church. Half way to the church I was run over by a car.

The bike I was riding jumped several feet as it was a pretty hard hit but I didn’t loose control of the bicycle at all. God clearly saved my life in the midst of a spiritual battle that became a physical one. And it all started when we passed that tree that was sacred to voodoo.

I don’t know if that tree was possessed or not, nor do I care. However, it seems to me that in the spirit would Satan does care about the things that give him honor. Those people prayed at that tree to their false god. Satan liked that.

At the end of the week, we had a preaching point established and hungry people were seeking God.