View Single Post
Old 12-15-2007, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Epley View Post
Paul said sown a natural body raised a spiritual body.1Cor. 15:44 Thus He raised incorruptible glorified that is.
Yes I do think Jesus ascended twice. When He told Mary not to touch him for he had not ascended He was functioning as the Great High Priest carrying the blood to the Mercy Seat into Heaven itself to finish the atonement as pictured in the atonement. Heb.9:12
Then He returned and they were able to touch Him for he had fulfilled that act. And then ascended into Heaven until He comes and recieves His church unto Himself.
Elder .... I do not see how your quoting of 1 Corinthians 15:44 is prooftext that he ascended twice ....???

A careful reading of the text and passage you've provided ... all of 1 Corinthians 15 lends credence that our Victorious Lamb rose initially w/ a spiritual body ... incorruptible glorified .... w/ eternal life and having defeated Death.

We find the Creator, who blew life into the first Adam making him a living soul, breathing from the eternal life provided by His Sacrifice and Resurrection into his disciples who continued to believe.... on Him .... in John 20 ... as their GLORIFIED Savior. A glorification we both agreed had already happened by verse 22 of John 17:

22And when he had said this, he breathed on them, and saith unto them, Receive ye the Holy Ghost:

he later says:

29Then Jesus told him, "Because you have seen me, you have believed; blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed."
30Jesus did many other miraculous signs in the presence of his disciples, which are not recorded in this book. 31But these are written that you may[a] believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, and that by believing you may have life in his name.

It is this Spirit of Christ, the breath of the Incarnate Word in us, that quickens us to his promise of newness of eternal life.