View Single Post
Old 03-01-2016, 11:58 AM
Registered Member

Re: Testimony To The Truth

If you have a hard time seeing it, then you should go to God and ask Him to show you and let you know if it's true that every one who receives the Holy Spirit will speak in tongues. That way you will know for yourself from God. It's not just revelation. It's also using scripture together with other scripture. It's not just Isaiah 28:11 & 12, it's also what Jesus says in Matthew 11:28. When we compare these scriptures, it tells us that the rest that Jesus was talking about is the rest and refreshing in Isaiah 28:11 & 12. Also, when you consider that what Jesus says in Matthew 11:28 applies to every one, even today in our time, then that means that every one who comes to Jesus and receives the rest, will receive it by being filled with the Holy Spirit, and they will speak with other tongues. This is a biblical fact.

A better way I explained it in my message on salvation is like this,

"In Matthew 11;28, Jesus says, "Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest". And in Isaiah 28;11&12, it says, "For with stammering lips and another tongue He will speak to this people, To whom He said, This is the rest with which You may cause the weary to rest, And, This is the refreshing”. So this stammering lips and speaking with other tongues, this is the rest, this is you being filled with the Holy Spirit and receiving the rest that Jesus promised to give to them that come to Him. So, yes, speaking with other tongues still exists, and is the evidence or sign of you receiving the Holy Spirit, of you receiving Jesus."

You keep assuming things and making up things about me, too, that you don't even know. My motive isn't to make and force people to believe it, but to clear up misconceptions about it and let people know the truth, so they'll know that every one who receives the Holy Spirit will speak in tongues.

And no, we are not saved by tongues itself. We are saved by believing and obeying the gospel by turning to God in repentance, being baptized by immersion in water in the name of Jesus Christ, and receiving the gift of the Holy Spirit. That is how we are saved and how we are born again. Speaking in tongues is just the result of being filled with the Holy Spirit, the sign.

In the Old Testament, God accepted the sacrifices by fire, which was a physical sign of the sacrifice being accepted by God. John the Baptist said that He, speaking of Jesus, will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and with fire, meaning a spiritual fire by the Holy Spirit. This is a reference to the Old Testament sacrifices being accepted by fire. We are brought to God as a living sacrifice by Jesus Christ, who is our High Priest. And God doesn't use physical fire as a sign of us being accepted, like the Old Testament sacrifices, He uses tongues. Tongues is the New Testament sign of us being accepted as a sacrifice to God by Jesus Christ, it's a spiritual fire.

So you see, there is more to tongues than you realize.