View Single Post
Old 03-02-2016, 01:17 PM
Registered Member

Re: Testimony To The Truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by shazeep View Post
please see that i am just speaking generally there. While my rephrasing may not be meant, it is what is implied. When you are daily astonishing multitudes of lost people with your tongues, like the Apostles did, we might visit this again, but to imply that no one gets the Holy Spirit absent glossololia is just exclusionary imo, and God told me this personally--i even heard A Voice, so if you don't believe me you are obviously lost i mean c'mon bro
I've never said I heard a voice, and never said if you don't believe me you are obviously lost. You're making up things again. I said I went to God about it and He showed me the scriptures and opened my understanding of them to confirm to me that it's true. And that should be an example for others who don't believe it, by seeking God themselves also and finding ouf from Him. That's why I asked you and encouraged you to do that. It's not hard.

You probably would have received an answer from God by now. And also, I didn't mention this before because that's besides the point, but it's not just me, ask any Apostolic and they will tell you that everybody who receives the Holy Spirit will speak with tongues. That's how I was introduced to that in the first place. I said in my testimony that I learned about Jesus being God, and about baptism in the name of Jesus, and about speaking in tongues as the sign or evidence of receiving the Holy Spirit from the Apostolic faith, and how I went to God to ask Him if these things were true, and God confirmed each one in His word by His Spirit. And He also confirmed them to me by the manifestation of His Spirit within the Apostolic ministry and in my own life also.

After God had shown me and taught me these things, confirming and assuring me that these are the teachings of God, He started using me to share the gospel with others according to these teachings in a powerful way. After sharing the gospel with some of them and sharing these teachings with them, I would lay hands on them and pray, and God's Spirit would move upon them in a way that they could physically feel it, God bearing witness to them that He is real and that what I said to them was true. So God beared witness to other people too that that these teachings are true, and it's the teachings of God. I was talking to a cousin of mine before and prayed and asked God to show me something about her to let her know that what I was telling her was true. And God showed me something about her and let her know that what I was telling her is true.

So God confirmed these teachings to me by His word and by supernatural manifestations of His Spirit within the Apostolic ministry, and in my own life personally, and to other people through me who I shared these teachings with.

Last edited by RonMurray; 03-02-2016 at 03:15 PM.