View Single Post
Old 05-21-2019, 05:39 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esaias View Post

Then when you say "God hates sin" it means He loves it "less". Whatever hate means, God "hates" all workers of iniquity and He "hates" the deeds of the Nicolaitanes, etc, with whatever meaning it is you are ascribing to the term "hate".
in not saying this is the case every time hate is used.
Quote:
No, it means we must choose God rather than family, if family is opposed to Christ. Hate, in this passage, is an example of hyperbole, rhetorical exagerration for the purpose of stressing an important contrast. Otherwise, we are to " hate the sin" in the same way we are to "hate" our family members. Do you hate sin the way you hate family, that is, do you "love it less than you love God"?

Since you are saying hate in Hebrew means "not what we call hate" in E glish, what then is the Hebrew term for the "hate" you seem to be arguing against?
again I was not referring to every instance of the word hate.
Quote:
You are saying that God doesn't hate anyone, yet the Bible plainly says He does. Whatever the solution to the seeming paradox, it doesn't consist in "God doesn't hate anyone".
You never answered my point. If Jesus died for sinners, due to love for them, and you claim God hates some, then he did not die for all sinners, just some.

"Many Christians do not try to understand what was written in a verse in the Bible. Instead they approach the passage to prove what they already believe."