View Single Post
Old 01-19-2010, 10:05 AM
Accepts all friends requests

Re: DKB Shares His Vision: Apostolic Identity,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin View Post
Dan,

Couldn't someone say that these pictures and testimonies were isolated incidents and didn't represent a "true sample" of today's "Holiness Standards"?

Possibly these woman cut their hair before the "revelation" of 1 Corinthians 11?
Instead of asking Dan, ask these folks or their families.

There were many "revelations" that were given in the mid Twentieth Century. These "revelations" and innovations were sold to a younger generations as "The Old Paths" and such. The real history of the development of our "holiness standards" however is quite a bit different.

My wife's mother used to cut her hair. She cut my wife's older sisters hair regularly too. Then a "revelation" came along and my wife has never cut her hair even once in her entire life, same thing with my daughter.

If you ask them why they'll make a weak appeal to 1 Corinthians 11, but a stronger appeal to "tradition."

But just what kind of tradition is this that was introduced some time in the 1950's after the third sister was born and before the fourth? It's an innovation. Plain and simple.

So, let's be plain about that. Uncut hair on women is not some "old path" or "old timey tradition." It's as new as space rockets and satellites.