View Single Post
Old 07-26-2017, 10:25 AM
Banned

Re: The Sabbath Day, Should You Keep or not Keep?

The Ten Commandments requires a single day of love, devotion, and worship every week. However, love demands that we set aside time every day for devotion and worship, revering every day as the day that the LORD has made. Setting apart every single day as holy unto the LORD, resting from our own works of righteousness that we might walk in Christ's righteousness. And so the Law of Love goes above and beyond the 4th commandment of the Ten Commandments. To abandon this law of grace, we would be returning to the shadows of the OT Law:
Galatians 4:9-11 English Standard Version (ESV)
9 But now that you have come to know God, or rather to be known by God, how can you turn back again to the weak and worthless elementary principles of the world, whose slaves you want to be once more? 10 You observe days and months and seasons and years! 11 I am afraid I may have labored over you in vain.

Colossians 2:16-17 English Standard Version (ESV)
16 Therefore let no one pass judgment on you in questions of food and drink, or with regard to a festival or a new moon or a Sabbath. 17 These are a shadow of the things to come, but the substance belongs to Christ.
To do return to the Law is to fall from grace and return to a Christian/Jewish hybrid of a religion...
Galatians 5:4 (ESV)
You are severed from Christ, you who would be justified by the law; you have fallen away from grace.
We should realize that if we were made righteous by keeping the Law, then Christ certainly provides nothing for us, and Christ died for no reason.
Galatians 2:21 (ESV)
21 I do not nullify the grace of God, for if righteousness were through the law, then Christ died for no purpose.

Last edited by Aquila; 07-26-2017 at 10:35 AM.