View Single Post
Old 06-22-2007, 12:34 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truly Blessed View Post
Perhaps for the same reason Mapleleaf and other ex-UPCers on AFF post about matters within the UPC? Because we have chosen to no longer have credentials with the UPCI does not mean we no longer have fellowship with the UPC. When you have spent 23 years of your life in an organization and developed friendships with so many people through the years it's only natural that you will have interest in what is happening there.

I don't suppose we should be attending Summer Summit or General Conference this year either?!
The question of our continuing interest in the UPC is an interesting one, and one for which Pastor Blessed has given a very good answer. I probably interact with as many UPC preachers and people as many UPC ministers have opportunity to fellowship.

In the Oneness world, to borrow a phrase,"When the UPC sneezes, we all get a cold." The UPC is very important to the Oneness movement, and therefore we take an interest in the trends and issues that affect the organization.

There has been a vast change in the UPC in New Brunswick in the last couple of decades, and credentials are not nearly so important in defining fellowship as they used to be. I meet many UPC preachers and people at non-UPC events, and non-UPC preachers and people at UPC events.