View Single Post
Old 10-10-2007, 08:00 PM
philjones

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC1 View Post
In the mid 70's era Becky Fender was my favorite singer. I remember at La. Campmeeting in either 73 or 74 I bought an album with a group comprised of Becky Fender and Bill and Renee Morris. I think it was titled "Rainbow" or something like that. Very contemporary for that era and I loved it. Bill Morris was Kenneth Phillips music director at the time.

A decade or two later Becky went through a phase of overdoing songs (phrasing, riffs, etc) that I did not enjoy but I think she recovered from that phase! She has an amazing voice. I have not heard her for years but I assume she still does.

In the mid 70's Becky Fender, Sharon Haygood, and Nancy Grandquist were probably the best female soloists in Oneness Pentecost.
In 1979 or 1980, while I was with AM in Plano, TX, I was privileged to jam with Nancy G, Landy E and a couple of other musicians at a concert in Fort Worth. It was before Bro. Hanby's indiscretions had been brought to light. We had a great time. I think at that time Nancy was in the throes of decisions regarding Apostolic traditions. She obviously made her decision and today is quite consistent with conservative Pentecost. AND, she can still SANG!