View Single Post
Old 08-15-2007, 02:45 PM
Accepts all friends requests

There is a lot of latent racism that you run into in Apostolic circles and in society in general. Using that pastor's text one could say that you must marry only someone who is a native speaker of the same language as your own. Clearly ridiculous.

But when you try to point this out to these people they usually fall back on this "Don't pick on my because of my beliefs" passive/aggressive game. They start with the aggressive and racist angle and then go passive with "Well, that's the way I was taught and you just have to accept it..."

No we don't. They were taught wrong and need to be evangelized with the truth. Funny things is, you will run into some of the same latent racism coming from Hispanic and African-Americans as well. I have family members who are tormented by their relatives because they aren't "black enough" or because they have become traitors to "La Raza."

If anyone is falling in love with someone in these circumstances, you had better make sure that you're ready to make a lifetime commitment to overcoming the often severe and bitter attacks you will face. But then, if it's true love, love conquerors all.