View Single Post
Old 10-29-2018, 09:38 PM
Registered Member

Re: Oneness And Pre Incarnate Logos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael The Disciple View Post
You now distort my words. I have not added another God. What modern Oneness has done to weaken their Biblical position and credibility is to DENY there was an intermediary being, opening the door the Arians, Trins, and Twins which they routinely use to shame Oneness Apologists.

I have in this thread provided 3 scripture references to a personal intermediary who God used to create all things.

John 1:1
Eph. 3:9
Hebrews 1:1-3

Also taken as a whole these verses in Colossians teach the same thing.

13Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son: 14In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins:
15Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature: 16For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:

The intermediary is PERSONAL. Thats where modern Oneness goes astray. They teach what Mark August calls the "David Bernard model".

The Logos was not an intermediary being (personal) but rather a "thought" or a "plan".

So the Arians, Trins, and Twins, all can plainly see whats there. The intermediary being.

In this true and Biblical version of Oneness doctrine we have the answer.

John 1:1

In the beginning was the word and the word was WITH GOD and GOD WAS THE WORD!

Not two or 3 Gods but one God visible in one mode of being and invisible in another.

Peace and love.

Please do a word study of Colossians 1 in the original language. What it is saying is exactly what classical Oneness people have said about John 1. It solidifies that in Greek, but you can't see it in English. It doesn't translate it in detail in English. There was never a pre incarnate mediary nor is there now, that intermediary is the Holy Ghost which is the Spirit of Jesus and the Father who are absolutely the same being, only different expressions of that same One being. It's the blood that stands as a intermediary, of the sacrifice on Calvary. And the Spirit that makes intercession for us that is with us in within us who is simply "Christ in you the hope of glory." These are all the same, you at least believe in 2 different person's. You lost one but it's time to lose another one cuz you got one too many!

Check out my new Podcast, and YouTube Channel:
https://histruthismarchingon.blubrry.net
This is a One God, Holy Ghost Filled, Tongue Talkin', Jesus Name podcast where it's all in Him!
Apostolic Truth! His Truth Is Marching On!
SUBSCRIBE!