View Single Post
Old 07-22-2019, 10:53 AM
Registered Member

Re: Tongues- A sign or THE sign Of Spirit Infillin

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesGlen View Post
This line in the sand means a great deal. I want to bring folks to church with me. I want to reach the sinner, and make disciples. If the doctrine of tongues as THE must be evidence is error, I don’t want to make disciples of a false doctrine. If it is true, I do want to make disciples of this doctrinal truth. Same goes with my family, my children grasping what is, or is not the truth on this subject.

To me, this “quandary” carries a great deal of “weight”.
This is the biggest issue of our time. Yet its not ours alone. Millions of Trinitarian Pentecostals and Charismatics believe the same thing. We have all examined the book of Acts history and come to the same conclusion.

In the early Church speaking in tongues was the evidence one had received the Holy Ghost. So its not just 12-16 million of Oneness people but rather hundreds of millions of believers around the world.

The big difference there is that WE understand the baptism or "outpouring" of the Holy Spirit is an essential part of salvation. They (in their doctrine) dont need to deal with the implications of this.