View Single Post
Old 06-15-2019, 11:16 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Re: Adultery vs Fornication

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Avery View Post
The woman can not be divorced with a bill of divorcement. Whatever adulteries intervene, she is always wed to her covenant spouse.

She and her covenant spouse should be reunited, and that is why it is best to be ‘standing’ for the marriage.
If the law of God says a woman who is divorced and then is with another man, may NOT return to her original husband, because it is an abomination, then I am forced by Scripture to reject a view or doctrine that allows for what God does not.

Saying "the woman cannot be divorced with a bill of divorcement" seems a palpable contradiction of the word. "To the law and to the testimony; if they speak not according to this word, it is because there is no light in them."

I do not see how Jesus, in giving His answer to the Pharisees, suddenly abolished the law of God and made people sinners who a few minutes earlier were not. Jesus said we are forbidden to even think He came to destroy the law, and the context of that is in reference to application of torah (halachah) and the prophets (Divinely inspired gemara). If Jesus ABOLISHED divorce, then He is a sinner. It is sin to either add to or take away from the laws, commandments, statutes, judgments, and ordinances of God as delivered by Moses. Which is exactly what happened IF Jesus did in fact repeal God's law on marriage, divorce, remarriage, etc.

Therefore, I must conclude that this thread still has not yet arrived at any Scripturally consistent doctrine on marriage.

Again, I am not saying I have all the answers. But I do recognise certain parameters established by the word of God, and so far pretty much everyone on this thread has been stepping outside those parameters, in one way or another.

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf