View Single Post
Old 01-12-2021, 01:18 PM
Registered Member

Re: I'll Say It Again - IT'S OVER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Originalist View Post
Anyone who thinks America's only hope for preserving the republic was in Trump will be depressed, I'm sure. But I am energized. The Dems have bitten off more than they can chew. I am concerned, however, at the compromise that will engulf the church when social media cracks down on us. But just think of the power that God unleashes in our midst for boldly declaring that simple message, "Jesus Christ is Lord of all and REIGNS." All the compromisers in the church that would not stand with Trump for being "mean-spirited" will turn on us as well who stand up for truth. Mark them now and break ties with them.
What is the church's mission? If any good can come out of this I hope it is that the church gets back to its original mission and stops getting so involved in politics or so enamored with politicians. Get back to the Great Commission. Get back to prayer and Bible study.

I love what you wrote: "But just think of the power that God unleashes in our midst for boldly declaring that simple message, "Jesus Christ is Lord of all and REIGNS."" Amen! Get back to the beginning, back to the basics of the Gospel.

I don't read anywhere of the early church becoming involved in resistance to the Roman government or clamoring for civil war. They focused on one thing: the Kingdom of God and the Gospel of Christ.

I really hope the church, especially the leaders and those who have become so entangled in politics, will step back and get back to the original mission, the Great Commission.